Before purchasing your ideal property in Mallorca, here at Rodemann & Wood, we want to make you feel at home before you have moved in. We understand that the process of buying and moving can become a chore; we would like to offer you some advice before that all-important purchase so that you feel comfortable and confident when you receive the keys to your new home.
1. Visit the area out of season – In season, when the sun is shining and beaches are busy, you may create a false illusion of the character of the area and you may imagine the lively atmosphere for twelve months of the year rather than just five. It is important that you can appreciate the town when it is quieter and calmer.
2. Also visit the area in peak season – If the hustle and bustle of a market town, the rush of the city, or a beach laden with holidaymakers is not for you then buying a property in one of these locations may be a regretful decision. It is essential that you understand the contrasts of the area between peak season and low season; if you enjoy the atmosphere at all times, it is undoubtedly the location for you.
3. Visit the property you like in the winter months – In the winter, the sun moves differently to the way it does in the summer; it moves much lower. So, before purchasing, you should see how the sun moves around the property and take notice of whether a mountain or another property perhaps blocks the sunlight and makes the property darker.
4. Make sure that you have met your new neighbours – When moving in, a frosty relationship with your neighbours is the last thing that you want, especially if you are moving into a new area! However, equally important is to avoid nasty surprises from your neighbours when buying into an area, so we recommend that you meet them beforehand to check things over.
5. Make sure that you don’t buy into an area where hunting is allowed – Again, to avoid nasty surprises, what worse than to hear gunshots on your first day of residence? It is certainly not the most welcoming sound, so to avoid this, check that there is no hunting allowed close to the perimeter of your grounds (especially important when buying a country home).
6. Make sure that you employ a good lawyer – Having a lawyer that can take care of a proper due diligence is important, however, not all lawyers are what they promise to be unfortunately. So, make sure that questions are asked where needed and that you carry out research on the internet to avoid any surprises from your lawyer.
At Rodemann & Wood, we believe that buying a property should be a relaxing but exciting experience and to ensure that your experience is only positive, we want to help in any way possible. We pride ourselves on the happiness of our clients, and we have no doubts that their experience has been nothing but positive with us, as proved by our most recent buyer:
“I have to say from the first day of dealing with your company the service has been excellent and one I would recommend to anyone. The way I have been looked after has been second to none…”
Rodemann Wood company profile
Making your Mallorca dream home a reality
Luxury villas. Unique fincas in stunning locations. Wonderful beachfront apartments. Cosy casetas in sleepy villages. Rodemann & Wood is your connection to them all.
No-one goes further to make sure you find your perfect home in Mallorca, whatever you’re looking for, wherever you want to live on our island.
We have over fifteen years experience in the Mallorca property market, backed by an unbeatable level of understanding of how things really work and an extensive network of tried and trusted contacts.
And, our reach extends beyond Mallorca. Our UK representative has a deep knowledge of the real estate market here and will make buying or selling your home on the island more straightforward.
When you want to truly enjoy the Mediterranean good life in Mallorca, you can count onRodemann & Wood - Mallorca to make your dream a reality.
For further information please contact us at our Pollensa office: Tel: +34 971 533323 or send us an email to Pollensa@rwgold.com
We look forward to hearing from you.